The Idaho Republican Party has introduced a new resolution, slamming the Federal Bureau of Investigation as a “corrupt government agency” and called for its total “abolition” if it “cannot be reformed.”
Resolution 2023-52 was introduced at the Idaho Gop’s summer meeting in Challis, Idaho, and outlines a list of violations that the FBI has allegedly committed, dating back to the 1950s.
- “illegally” surveilling, infiltrating, and disrupting civil rights activists in the 1960s;
- targeting “political opponents” and “other individuals considered a threat to national security”;
- sieging a cabin in Ruby Ridge, Idaho, in 1992, an incident “which resulted in the unnecessary deaths of Vicky and Sammy Weaver as well as a U.S. Marshal due to excessive use of force and revised rules of engagement.”
- engaging in a standoff with the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas, in 1993 — a standoff which ended in the violent deaths of 76 people, 25 of whom were children;
- surveilling the presidential campaign of former President Donald Trump;
- “essentially” entrapping the defendants in the alleged plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D);
- participating in the Jan. 6 incident at the Capitol;
- attempting to intimidate pro-lifers and parents attending local school board meetings;
- monitoring the worship and behaviors of “the Catholic Latin Mass community”; and
- raiding Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence “at the unethical, politically motivated behest of Attorney General Merrick Garland.”
“These actions have directly led to the terrorization of American Citizens” the resolution reads.
The resolution concludes with condemning the FBI “for its misconduct, government overreach, and politically motivated weaponization” and demands that the bureau “operates within the confines of the Constitution and respects the rights of American citizens”.
“If the FBI cannot be reformed to operate within the confines of the Constitution with respect for the rights of American citizens” the resolution reads, “the Idaho Republican State Central Committee supports the abolition of this corrupt government agency”.
“All federal agencies need to be held accountable for their actions, especially when US citizens are harmed or their constitutional rights are violated,” Idaho GOP chairwoman, Dorothy Moon, said in a statement. “This resolution calls for accountability within the FBI, and reformation to ensure that they respect the rights of American citizens. Our Idaho Republican state central committee voted unanimously to pass this resolution.”
The resolution first passed unanimously through an Idaho GOP committee in late April and, according to Moon, passed unanimously at the Summer Meeting as well.